In a 1907 Lawrence Journal-World classified section, the Wilder Bros. Shirt Factory building was for sale. However, advertisements for the company continued to appear until around 1910.
By 1919, the Reuter Organ Company had bought the former shirt factory for its new Lawrence location.
One of the few cities to have an organ manufacturer, Lawrence's Reuter Organ Company was located at 612 New Hampshire until 2001. The company is still in Lawrence, but at a specialized facility on the northern outskirts of the city.
The Fraternal Aid Association insurance company was located at 123 West 8th Street.
An image of the 1909 Fraternal Aid Association coronation ceremony is featured on this postcard.
An inside look at the Association's workplace.
The organization changed its name several times but remained in the same location.
Located at 219 East 9th, G.W. Hanson Blacksmithing was one of several blacksmith shops in Lawrence.